Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 1

For me, this is a big day.  I have been thinking for a couple of years that I needed to start a blog.  It just seems like the thing to do, among other things.  I still don't have a true purpose for this blog, but it will center around teaching and computers, which are my professional interests.  I have a lot of thoughts and ideas, so this will be yet another dumping ground for me to sort those thoughts through.  Hopefully the writing process will help me with the sorting. 
I have also started using Code Academy today.  I want to learn to code.  I can read code and understand it reasonably well.  That is much better than most people that I deal with, however, it is not really enough for me.  I have some game ideas, I have some program ideas, and last of all, it will increase my credibility with my techie students.  I don't have a lot of them, but I really want to be able to influence the few I have, and I need to have credibility.  I'm starting with HTML, mostly because I already have a basic understanding, but I'd really like to learn Python or Ruby, or both...  I'm going to try to post my progress here, so I'll have some accountability.


No comments:

Post a Comment